THE ART MUSEUM IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING VISITOR SERVICE AIDE APPLICATIONS.
Work directly with visitors to ensure they feel welcome, informed about the collections and programs, and have an overall positive experience at the art museum. Visitor Service Aides enhance the visitor experience by providing information and assistance within the Cincinnati Art Museum.
Visitor Service Aides assist visitors in a variety of roles. Weekday and weekend shifts are available for both daytime and evening shifts.
- Welcome visitors to the art museum as they enter.
- Direct visitors to various areas of the art museum.
- Assist the Visitor Services staff members with answering visitor questions, handing out maps and other publications, informing visitors about special exhibitions, programs and coffee bar sales.
- Promote special the sale of special exhibition tickets, memberships and other museum opportunities.
- Assist with the success of exhibitions by greeting ticket holders and distributing exhibition materials.
- Serve the visitor needs in the galleries.
- Collect visitor voices regarding the art museum experience, gallery visits, and other art museum programs.
- Represent the Cincinnati Art Museum at a variety of offsite locations alongside other Visitor Service Aides or art museum staff members.
Ongoing Volunteer Training
Experience behind the scenes tours of special exhibitions, various perspectives on the Cincinnati Art Museum’s collections and insight into the museum’s operations. Visitor Service Aides attend training sessions on the morning of the second Tuesday each month from September through May. Social events and outings are also offered throughout the year.
- Attend monthly trainings.
- Work a minimum of 2 three-hour shifts per month.
- Commit to a minimum of 1 year of service in the Visitor Service Aide group.
- Visitor Service Aides must be at least 18 years of age
- Volunteers must be current members of the Cincinnati Art Museum. To purchase a membership, please call (513) 639-2966 or Click Here
- Pay an annual Visitor Service Aide volunteer group dues of $20.
Complete the Visitor Service Aide Application