The Art Museum Is Currently Accepting Museum Shop Volunteer Applications
Volunteer within the Museum shop, helping provide excellent customer service to our guests looking for a unique gift or the perfect take away from their Museum experience. Museum Shop Volunteers are essential to the everyday functioning of the shop. Museum Shop Volunteers help generate revenue for the museum while serving the community. Weekday morning and afternoon shifts available.
The Museum Shop Experience
- Welcome guests to the shop and assist them with any questions or needs.
- Ring out sales using our system.
- Assist Museum Shop staff as needed.
- Help keeping the shop looking pristine.
Volunteer Training Opportunities
The Museum Shop Volunteers receive training on our POS systems and procedures when they start. Shifts have enough coverage to give the new Volunteer time to become proficient without feeling overwhelmed. In addition to shop training our Volunteers have the opportunity to attend informational trainings for the upcoming exhibitions. These trainings are designed for the docents and are the most comprehensive information offered by the curators of the exhibitions themselves. Social events and outings are offered throughout the year.
- Volunteer shifts are 3 hours long, one time weekly, with a minimum of 2 shifts a month
- Museum Shop Volunteers must be able to learn the POS system, training providing
- Museum Shop Volunteers must have a current email as this is our communication method
- Commit to at least 2 years of service
- Pay annual Museum Shop Association dues of $15
- Volunteers must be current Members of the Cincinnati Art Museum or become a Member upon joining the Museum Shop Association
Please Complete the Gift Shop Association Application
For more information, please contact Fiona Vieh at [email protected] or call (513) 639-2034.